Jesus Reigns Fellowship is an Inter-Denominational assembly. We are not governed by any denominational doctrine. We realize that to build a Spirit-led, growing and unified church there has to be a common ground to keep unity. (1Cor. 14:33 tells us that God the Father is not the author of confusion.) Here is a short summary of five doctrines. As the pastor of Jesus Reigns Fellowship, I feel we can all agree on these doctrines from the Word of God. This is our first step on the journey of bridging the gap and becoming unified in the Body of Christ.
DOCTRINES OF JESUS REIGNS FELLOWSHIP
1. THE WORD OF GOD
- The Word of God (both Old and New Testaments) is inspired by the Holy Spirit and written by men whom the Holy Spirit revealed the spoken words of God. The Word of God is the infallible and authoritative Word. The Word of God is a sufficent rule of faith and conduct; guide to salvation (being born-again); and the guide for the Body of CHrist in worship and praise as we meet together.(Heb 4:12; I Peter 1:23-25; IIPeter 1:20-21; II Tim. 3:15-17; and I Thess.2:13).
2. GOD THE FATHER
- God the Father is the one and only true and living God, who is self-existing, eternal “I AM”, the creator of heaven and earth, and the redeemer of all mankind. God has chosen to reveal Himself as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and though they are one, each is very distinct in His ministry and personality.(Deut. 6:4; Isaiah 43:10-11; Matt2:19 and Luke 3,22).
3. JESUS CHRIST
Jesus Christ, the Son of God and the Son of Man, was miraculously born of a Virgin, lived a sinless life, came into the world to save mankind from the guilt and condemnation of sin, and offered His blood as an atonement for sin. Jesus covered all who exercise faith in Him, believing in:
- His bodily resurrection from the dead
His translation back to heaven
That He is exalted to the right hand of God in heaven
His return to claim His bride and rule
4. THE HOLY SPIRIT
- The Holy Spirit is an intelligent being who guides, moves, knows God’s will, gives information to children of God, commands, forbids, sends forth (or calls), comforts, disperses the spiritual gifts, helps the children of God grow in the “Fruits of the Spirit”, is our guide as we walk in this world, and speaks for us through our prayer language. (John 14:15-17,26;John 16:7-15; Acts 1:5,8; Acts 2:1-4)
5. THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit is a manifestation of the power and evidence of the gifts being distributed to the children of God. It is a mighty wind, a purging of fire, and a loosing of the gift of tongues. (John 16:13; I Cor. 2:11; Gen.1:2; Acts 10:19; Acts 1:8 Acts 2:1-4; Acts 13; Acts 16:6-8; Mark 3:29; Eph. 3:30; ICor. 12; and John 5:8-12)